Service is just as important as Product!
In professional growth as in personal growth, there can be hiccups. There are a great number of successes. There are other mishaps which are not so great. Most recently, I was hired to complete a bathroom remodel. Delivered was the tile material, grout, all supplies along with detailed drawings, elevations & dimensions for this remodel. My team was ready to make the magic happen seamlessly.
The client loved what was given to them for the remodel design. They, also, decided to go with their own choice of installers & contractors without really asking for any more help in the process. I honored that choice as everyone has choice. Things did not go as well for the client as they wanted for this remodel.
As an interior designer, one of the most important and valuable services I provide for my clients is access to my tried and true preferred network of vendors. These folks and I are like family and have worked together on dozens of projects with dozens of happy homeowners as an end result. We all have the same “why” which is to do good work which we stand behind with integrity and the highest degree of customer service. It may be one of the most underrated and misunderstood services that I provide and it’s a feature of the designer-client relationship that is worth reflection. This list or network is comprised of dependable, hard-working, reliable and highly-sought-after professionals. It is a list of tradesmen and tradeswomen that I support because of the quality of their work and the reputation they uphold in their respective trades. Additionally, all of these professionals offer my clients preferred rates due to our ongoing relationships and are working for my clients directly.
Why does this serve you best in the long run when considering any of your upcoming home remodeling projects? Because of the following:
- The business of researching and acquiring bids is time-consuming
- The process of getting referrals and checking references is eliminated for you
- My network of professionals has the credentials required
- My network of professionals has the insurance required
- Because the notion of “fast and cheap” sometimes sounds good upfront, it yields low-quality work and hassle towards the end of projects
- Because skilled contractors are in high demand and very, very busy, the relationship I have with my contractors help to prioritize my firm’s projects
- Because many of my vendors and contractors have a good working relationship with one another, they are a strong project team when brought together
- Because, as your interior designer, my ultimate goal is to provide you with a result that both exceeds expectations and saves you time and money
What happens when we use installers that are off this list? Sometimes things work out. But, more often than not, we end up in a position of having to rectify project mistakes, spending more of a client’s time and money than originally intended.
Let us help you save time and money by doing your next project right the first time! Look forward to hearing from you!